China LCD Manufacturer
Transflective LCD Display
Transflective display which hold both transmissive and reflective properties, and the method of image display depends upon the conditions of the ambient environment.
The display uses a back lighting with a transmissive property in dark environments, and uses external light with a reflective property in bright environments. Our improved transflective method allows for better color performance, which provides excellent color for outdoor sunlight readable use, which is similar to the transmissive high brightness LCD module.
Transflective LCD technology can be applied to certain selected regular LCD screen to introduce the LCD with a reflective function. With the imposed reflective function, the modified LCD can reflect the ambient light passing the LCD cell and utilize the reflected light beams as its illumination. The stronger the ambient light is, the brighter the LCD will appear. As a result, the modified LCD is viewable under lighting conditions including direct sunlight. It is one types of the sunlight readable LCD, while it is a LCD panel that reflects and transmits light, transflective is a portmanteau of transmissive and reflective.
If you can not find the right transflective LCD display, we also can custom made it for you too. As a LCD factory, we can produce qualified LCD prices are competitive in the market.
Have a general question about Quote us to find our products or pricing…
- Size Range – The Transflective Monitor range is from 1.5″ to 12″, with long Life low power Consumption LED back light and sunlight readable optical Bonding LCD Glass.
- Transflective technology – We have addressed the need for a sunlight readable LCD with transflective technology, used the imposed reflective function, the modified LCD can reflect the ambient light passing the LCD cell and utilize the reflected light beams as its illumination.
- Sunlight Readable – Put the transflective display face the sunshine directly, the stronger the ambient light, the brighter the LCD will appear as a results, the modified LCD is viewable under all lighting conditions including direct sunlight regardless the LCD’s original brightness.
- SUNUL Transflective LCD display, the reflectilayer is composed of the LCD unit’s color filter and high reflex ratio, which has a higher transflective ratio than nomal TFT LCD display.
- If only the back of the Transflective monitor used Transflective polarizers, the reflectivity ratio is very small, is not a real transflective solutions. On the other hand, the Transflective display has good readability.
- SUNUL supply the alternative Transflective solution reflecting layer located on the rear polarizer, rather than the filter, the LCD displays reduced to the power consumption of the LCD display unit, thereby reducing power consumption and significantly reducing heat generation.
Transflective LCD display has good readability in bright ambient light and direct sunlight. The transmissive LCD can only operate at the led back lights, while the it is characterized by a reflector on the LCD display unit’s color filter, so that the incidental ambient light is reflected onto the LCD and reflected to illuminate the display. So even without back lighting, the transflective monitor readability of content in very bright sunlight is perfect.
What is Transflective LCD display?
The permeable LCD display has a transparent mirror in the LCD unit in front of the backlit. Incident light is reflected and used to illuminate the it. This display has two modes, “Transflective” and “reflection”. The two display modes work together to improve performance, so even without any back lighting on the Transflective monitor, the performance of the content displayed in very bright light is perfect. Customers using the it can save energy by reducing or turning off the back light of the display in a bright environment.
Compared with the Transflective Display & High Brightness LCD
High brightness display and Transflective display were compared with technical parameters, display performance, cost evaluation and so on. After reading this article, you will have a deep understanding of the sun readable display LCD display, and how to choose a sun readable LCD display, and the most suitable Transflective or high bright for your outdoor display.
As you know the it has both “transmissive” and “reflection” functions. It is becoming more and more popular because of its requirements for working in the sun environment and direct sunlight, which is a good solution, the daylight readable display two display modes work together to improve viewable performance. As a result, it is fully readable under almost any ambient lighting condition. In addition, they are very energy efficient and ideal for battery powered and mobile applications.
Advantages of the Transflective LCD Display
Sunlight Readable & Low Power consumption
Particularly suitable for battery-powered monitors because of its ultra-low energy consumption. Transflective display is fully readable in almost any environmental lighting conditions, In addition, they are very energy efficient and are ideal for battery powered and mobile devices. Customers use the reflector screen to save power by reducing or turning off the display's back light in a bright environment due to the dominance of the "reflection" mode. In darker environments, the "Transflective" mode dominates the radiation of the display back light. In daylight or bright environments, the display's "reflection" mode is more dominant through reflections of the endoscope structure. Incident light reflects on the reflective layer and is used to illuminate the LCD display display. The Transflective module has the "transmissive" and "reflection" functions, which meet the requirements for good performance in bright environments and direct sunlight.